Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why did He Come In My Life?

I get a lot of emails from a lot of women asking me this question.  Why did he come into my life?  These are women who are struggling through a break up and letting go.  They have so many whys but the Why did he come into my life to just leave me is a big one.  Here is my answer to the latest.  I hope it helps.  She asked specifically:

Don't all exes come back at some point?  I can't let go because I didn't get closure with him. Why did the Universe send this man into my life? 

To teach you how to let go. To teach you that letting go isn't an end but a beginning. To prepare you for your next love or a greater life purpose. The reasons he is or was in your life are unnumbered.

No not all exes come back. I have one that I love dearly, it's been 3 years. Sure I have seen and talked to him, but he never came back.

Closure can not come from a man, it comes from inside you. Funny, just recently the man I just knew was the man for me that would never step up recently mailed me with all of his regrets and apologies. I always thought that would make me feel better, give me closure, but it didn't. They are just words, words that just confirmed to me that is all it ever was. Words. Without actions and forward movement, they mean very little.

Here is some tough love for you. All those reasons you just gave for not letting go are excuses. They hold you prisoner. If you met someone tomorrow that blew your socks off, you would make time and room. You have time to ponder over this man that isn't or hasn't been present in your life in a long time. Imagine how your life would expand if you invested that energy into something or someone that could give back to you that which you long for.

Invest that energy into you, deeply get to know you. The reward will be priceless, I promise.

Texting Your Ex
.

No comments:

Post a Comment